- Body: 73.5 x 159.2 x 7.9mm, 170 gm
- Display: 6.43-inches Fluid AMOLED, 90Hz refresh rate, Display P3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio, 410 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G (8nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with OnePlus’ OxygenOS 11 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (64MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP mono)
- Front Camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Linear speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Electronic compass, Sensor core
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou / NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC, 4G LTE, 5G
- Battery: 4500mAh with 30W charging (Warp Charge 30T Plus)
- Colors: Charcoal Ink, Blue Void (Silver Ray not available in Nepal)
Design & Display
To begin with, the OnePlus Nord CE features a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with a punch-hole camera cutout. It retains the 90Hz refresh rate like its predecessor. Because it’s an OLED screen, the fingerprint sensor can be found underneath the display itself. Everything from the frame to the rear panel of the phone has been carved out of polycarbonate material.
Nord CE 5G is relatively slim and lightweight as well. According to the company, it measures 7.9mm in thickness and weighs just 170 grams. More importantly, while the first-gen Nord skipped on a headphone jack, OnePlus has brought it back here. You can select from three color choices for the Nord CE 5G: Charcoal Ink, Silver Ray, and Blue Void.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 750G. This is a 5G-ready chipset and is a slight upgrade over the 765G on the standard OnePlus Nord. Memory options include 6, 8, or 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM and either 128 or 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage (non-expandable).
The phone runs on OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 out-of-the-box. And while OnePlus had gone out of its way to disappoint its customer base by promising only one major update to the relatively cheaper Nord N10 and N100 5G, the Nord CE 5G will be getting 3 years of security and 2 years of software updates.
Moving on, Nord CE 5G flaunts a triple camera setup at the back. The 64MP f/1.79 primary camera uses an OmniVision sensor. This is accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide shooter with 119º Field of View (FOV) alongside a 2MP f/2.4 mono lens.
You can shoot up to 4K/30fps videos from this setup. However, forget about stability as the phone doesn’t embed OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) or EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization). As for the selfies, there’s a 16MP f/2.45 Sony IMX471 sensor inside the punch-hole cutout on the top left corner of the screen. It maxes out at 1080p/60fps videos—and is void of any sort of stabilization, of course.
Rest of the specs
OnePlus Nord CE 5G packs a bigger 4500mAh battery compared to the 4115mAh on the original Nord. It supports the Warp Charge 30T Plus standard that claims to fill 70% juice in half an hour.
The company has opted for a single N78 (3.5GHz) 5G band on this phone for the Indian market. On the contrary, the UK variant brings 11 more 5G bands. Moving on, Nord CE 5G has a super-linear speaker alongside microphones capable of noise cancellation for clearer audio recording.