KINGSTON A400 SATA
in 2.5″ Form Factors
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s1, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system. Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB–1.92TB2.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
|Interface||SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)|
|Capacities2||120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB|
|Power Consumption||0.195W Idle / 0.279W Avg / 0.642W (MAX) Read / 1.535W (MAX) Write|
|Dimensions||100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm (2.5”)
80mm x 22mm x 1.35mm (M.2)
|Weight||39g (120GB – 2.5”)
41g (240-480GB – 2.5”)
41.9g (960GB – 2.5”)
5.5g (120GB – M.2)
6.7g (240GB – M.2)
5.5g (480GB – M.2)
|Vibration operating||2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)|
|Vibration non-operating||20G Peak (10–2000Hz)|
|Life expectancy||1 million hours MTBF|
|Warranty/support3||Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support|
|Total Bytes Written (TBW)4||120GB: 40TB
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for Server environments.
- Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
- Limited warranty based on 3 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager. A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See kingston.com/wa for details.
- Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A)